After more than thirty years of running restaurants and putting on great musical performances in Philadelphia, on March 16, 2020, in response to the worsening COVID-19 pandemic, we made the heartbreaking decision to temporarily close SOUTH. We cleaned up, wrapped up, gave away our perishables to staff, and said our goodbyes.Now, almost six months to the day, we are incredibly happy to announce our reopening!
While we are taking it slowly; starting with fewer tables, 25% indoor capacity, and a slightly smaller menu, we are promising to provide the same delicious food, stellar service and good old southern hospitality for which we are known. In the coming weeks we will introduce a full, new menu, participate in Center City District’s Fall Restaurant Week and offer live music again.
We are carefully following all the recommendations of Philadelphia’s Health Department and guidance provided by the State of Pennsylvania, and we ask that you also comply with these regulations. We want everyone; our staff, our guests and our families to be safe.
• Our tables will be at least six feet apart.
• Parties dining indoors will be limited to a maximum of 4 guests per table.
• Parties dining outdoors will be limited to a maximum of 6 guests per table.
• Our indoor dining staff will wear masks and face shields.
• Guests are required to wear masks except when eating or drinking.
• We strongly recommend reservations, as our seating is limited and we want to avoid crowds of people waiting.
• For more information about our response to COVID-19 and how we are keeping our staff and our guests safe, please click here:
• If you choose outdoor seating, please understand that if the weather isn’t favorable, we may not be able to seat you indoors.
We’re glad to be back to work and look forward to seeing you soon.
The Management & Staff SOUTH Jazz Kitchen